i'm now serving in......

transfers happened!!!! i definitely miss the YSAs so much, but hey - i get to see them any time they come to the VC! i actually got to see a few of them this weekend for general conference! we got to watch it on the big screen in our theater at the VC. I thought it was going to be harder to say goodbye to the YSA. I think Heavenly Father blessed me with feelings of peace. I had a few breakdowns before, but the actual goodbye wasn't what I expected it to be. When we went to email, I jumped on FB to make an announcement on the group page, I wanted everyone to know what was going on. We also

texted a few of the YSAs to let them know and make sure they came to
FHE so we could see them. I had received a FB message from David Sosa, a less active that we knew but when the elders were here they worked with him much more than we ever did, but he still took the time to send me a personal thank you and I just felt so appreciated! I realized that I'm going to miss ALL of the YSA, not just the ones I worked closely with. I felt more like a YSA at that final FHE than a missionary. Something keeps popping into my head that sis caffee said to me, she told me that I was so good and being with the YSA and not of them. I hadn't even recognized that of myself and I feel grateful that Heavenly Father helped me be a missionary in situations that would sometimes be hard to uphold that standard.

so I'm now serving in...... KENTLANDS! it's actually super close to where i was before. even though we're neighbors it's suuuuper different, hello massive mansions and super rich people. it's hard to find lots of success when tracting, and tracting is pretty much our only option when we don't have appointments, but i'm so happy! i feel like every time i write i am just so happy to be a missionary! We haven't had much of an opportunity to actually be in the area, we've been at the VC for the past few days, but I am really excited and love what I've experienced thus far. We had some amazing miracles in the VC this week!!! My testimony is growing stronger and stronger of how powerful the VC is and just how special it is to be serving there. I sometimes think the VC is under appreciated by us as missionaries, I have certainly taken it for granted and failed to recognize the miracles that happen here. We met an amazing couple who lives right next to us! Sadly, they are not in our area and the Gaithersburg elders will end up teaching them. We were able to teach them about temples and eternal families. We showed them the movie in the house and the spirit was just so strong! It was that movie that allowed the spirit to touch their hearts and accept our invitation to meet with missionaries. They own a FROG yogurt shop in our area, so we are going to stop by and make sure they were able to meet with missionaries!! We found out that FROG stands for Fully Rely On God! Isn't that neat?! I also had the opportunity to talk with a man named Cliff over the phone. He's in his 60s and is looking for a new church, a place to feel like home. I happily explained that he found it, this is where he will feel at home!! He accepted my invitation to meet with missionaries, I got all his information, and then bam - the internet went down. I was devastated. In the last half hour of our shift at the Visitors Center, I was able to call him back and I got through to him! He had tried calling again and was directed to a sister in Salt Lake. She had told him that she would try to find me, but it would have been very unlikely that she could. He was so happy when we were reconnected and he exclaimed, that although the other sister was kind and helpful, the enthusiasm I had was what drew him in. Because of that experience I have been able to recognize that one of my talents is that: my enthusiasm for life and for the gospel. As I started to reflect on that, I recalled a few other instances where my enthusiasm was commented on and appreciated. I know that Heavenly Father sends to me specific people that will respond to my unique abilities. It really was a miracle that I met Cliff and was reconnected with him. We had even covered a shift for some other sisters that night! Right place, right time!

once upon a time i went running. we went into the city to see the cherry blossoms this morning, they aren't fully out yet, but it was so fun! i actually ran (you would be so proud!!). we plan on going back next week when it isn't raining though and hopefully the blossoms are in full bloom. we were soaking wet and super cold, but it was still so fun and i'm glad that we went. minus the fact that i still haven't unpacked! yeah, i'm living out of suitcases right now. we get home so late and we haven't been home for lunches or dinners. we've been at the VC pretty much every day since transfers. #thelifeofamissionary
Sister Chapman and I contacted the neatest lady on the metro today. We were heading back after our city run, and were witnesses to what could have been an awful accident. She had tried to catch the metro by sticking her hand in the doors. But the doors don't recognize when that happens, and the people inside were frantically trying to help her get loose. Luckily, her arm, her umbrella, and her bag were pushed out just as the metro headed on it's way. Sister Chapman immediately ran up to her to make sure she was okay. We got to talking to her and taught her about temples and modern day prophets. We invited her to visit the VC and as we were leaving she asked for our numbers (asked for OURS! the elect!!). We gave her our facebook names and got hers as well! We are so excited and we are so grateful that we were blessed with the opportunity to meet her. We cannot wait to begin teaching her online! We are so blessed to be online missionaries!!

i'm happy to be here. the real kind of happy, not the i have to be happy because i'm a missionary happy. i've been reflecting on general conference, trying to think about what i gained this time around. i tried really hard to listen to my feelings this time instead of just listening to the words. there were a few times where i didn't know exactly what was being said, but my testimony was strengthened. i felt the literal power of the holy ghost bear witness to me that these are indeed prophets of god and this is the one true church restored on the earth today. i felt it in my heart. i know that this is god's work and i know that this is the best thing we can all be doing with our lives. not just the full time missionaries, but all of us!!

love you all so much!!!

love, sister rowley