praying

So awhile back I was really struggling with my prayers (story of my life) and sister Cooke helped me out. She talked about visualizing our heavenly parents being right there as we pray. She made it realistic. Still reverent, but also real. She even talked about visualizing heavenly mother stroking your hair and telling you it's going to be okay. I haven't quite learned how to do it yet, but that's not what I'm here to tell you... One of the members in Chevy Chase has been having the same struggles. I certainly don't relish in the hardships of others, but I do feel grateful when I discover that I'm not the only one who has a hard time with certain gospel topics. None of us are perfect! We're all in this together! Anyways, I had the opportunity to really connect with her and tell her about sister Cooke's advice. The next time I saw her was at a lesson with Barbara and let me tell you, that opening prayer she gave... It was amazing! She had been working on it and what I shared with her had helped. She even ended up sharing it in church on Sunday as she spoke in sacrament meeting. you never know who you're going to influence. When sister Cooke was helping me out, I doubt she planned on this exact moment in time where I would then be sharing it with someone else. When it comes to the gospel and service, you really never help one single person, so act on those promptings and seek for opportunities to be the support someone else needs. Sister Cooke is amazing and I'm so blessed to have the absolute best mission mom out there. I wrote her a little email just sharing the experience and thanking her for all she does.

~Sister Rowley