noteworthy things this week:

- An awesome trio singing in the metro station. Totally invited them to a VC event instead of giving them cash #missionarylifeforme

- The things I eat because I'm a missionary: chicken pot pie.
- I was having a seemingly rough day, but then someone got onto chat and I was sort of snapped back into reality and shown that I have no reason to complain. His parents had just died in a crash and he felt utterly alone. I seriously need to work on being more grateful and happy for the blessings in my life, because I really have no reason to complain.

- We had an awesome impromptu lesson with a cute couple from Venezuela. We went to check on a former investigator and instead found these two. They are the parents of the former's friend and are heading back to Venezuela in a week. We shared a message of Christ and they accepted our invitation to learn more from the missionaries back home! 

- We awkwardly tracted into a member of our ward. We had dinner at one girl's house and then had an appointment at another's with 30 minutes in between. The area they live in is like Mormon-ville full of a bunch of the mid singles and YSAs. There was nobody to talk to on the streets so we decided to walk into one of the apartment buildings and the only door we knocked on was Ben Huff's. Oh hiiiii - you're in our ward! Never again will I try to knock on a door in that area. I knew it was overran with members, but really?? Of all the doors we knocked on?!?!