comp unity = blessings

Transfers happened. Sister Johnson left, so we are no longer a trio, but I'm still training Sister Wathen and we're still in Chevy Chase. If Sister Wathen goes back to the Spanish program next transfer (which is pretty likely) then I'll be in Chevy Chase at least one more transfer and then I'll only have two more transfers after that. ONLY TWO MORE! Time is really flying by. Before you know it I'll be sending home a million christmas light pictures, oh wait... I've already started doing that. Yep - they've already started putting up the lights in preparation for festival!!! So excited for festival of lights! It really is the best time of year here in the VC and ALL the sisters get to be a part of it, even the full pros sisters!!! Nobody has to miss out!

The majority of the sisters I came out with are training right now so it's fun to all be in the same place with each other - all trying to figure out what we're doing and praying that we do the best we can. It's been cool for me to reflect on who I am as a trainer and see that it's been much less about this is how and when we do this & that and more about showing love and helping her have fun as a missionary. I think that's what I would have wanted if I were to re-do my first few months as a missionary, but I was super emotional about it all and probably wouldn't have allowed myself to enjoy the moment as much as I am now. Thank goodness for growth as a missionary, right?!

We went to the food bank for service this week. Pretty much just sorted food into containers for a solid three hours. I wish I had something super exciting to say about it, but I don't. We did go to McDonald's afterwards though, because that's how me and Sister Wathen roll #healthyallthetime.

So remember how Heavenly Father blesses my taste buds as a missionary? We had dinner with a member this week and oh my goodness... ONIONS GALORE! I wanted to die. We had zucchini that was baked and then filled with onions. Yeah, that's what we ate. I know that Heavenly Father loves me because He helps me eat food that I would never eat in a million years in any other circumstance. 

You guys have to watch the new mormon message "you never know". IT'S SOOO GOOD! So there we are, Sister Wathen and I, just eating our dinner downstairs in the VC lounge. We're watching the movie together, getting a little spiritual uplift before we go back upstairs for shift. And then all of a sudden we're both just crying! And then it was hilarious because we were both just being the biggest babies, but it's really just so good. Grab tissues and then watch it.

Friday was one of my favorite days as a missionary. It was just one of those days where I was so happy and feeling the spirit so often! We talked with everyone and saw miracles because of it. First we had dinner with a member and it was one of the best meals I've had as a missionary - and I'm not talking about the food - i'm talking about the spirit and the discussion. I sort of already mentioned it on facebook. Heidi is just so awesome with her family history and she was telling us some really neat stories. They were almost like the sort of stories you would hear around a campfire and be creeped out because someone was talking to a ghost, but it wasn't scary because it was real and all about bringing others closer to Christ. She just has some very crazy and legit experiences with her ancestors who are very "vocal" about getting their work done. As she reached the climax of each story I would get chills every time. It was sooo awesome! I just knew that even though those experiences weren't happening to me, they were real experiences that proved this to be God's important work. I also felt close to Grandpa Rowley again and I know that he is teaching the families of those I am teaching here. It's so neat that we are all so connected and all so involved in the very same purpose. 

Sister Wathen and I ended up having a miracle on the way home from Heidi's. We had decided we were going to talk with everyone and give out a copy of The Book of Mormon. And then we did! We met Lynne on the sidewalk and believe it or not, our conversation started with her talking about menopause. Yeah, I don't know? But then we walked her home, talked about Heavenly  Father, the creation, The Book of Mormon, and about Jesus Christ. We gave her a BOM, shared with her the Because of Him, and invited her to come to church. We're hoping to teach her again, but her Lyme's Disease seems to keep her down quite a bit. It was just awesome that when we made the commitment to hand out a BOM and talk with everyone, we did it! God puts people into our path when we make goals and strive to accomplish them with all we've got. And get this... We got home that night, so pumped to tell elder Nollet that Stephanie is on date and about Lynne and then he made our night even better... They got a referral for us!!!!! MIRACLE DAY! Being unified with your companion brings so many blessings. I have never been more unified in my entire mission experience and I AM LOVING IT! Remember when I thought companions was going to be the hardest part of my mission for me? Well I've certainly experienced that, but I'm on the other side of it now and it's such a wonderful experience.

I'm happy to be here and happy to be writing the people I love most. Hope you all have such a great week. 

Love,
Sister Rowley