letter [first area]

Thurs. 10/18/13
First of all… sorry to anyone that has not received a letter from me. There is NO FREE TIME. [After a few frustrating days] things were a little better today, but starting from scratch [with the YSA ward]  is hard! We haven’t done any “real” missionary work yet. Still just trying to get in contact with Bishop, YSA representatives, and Stake President. 

Hardest part of living away from home = MEALS. I never thought I would say this, but I miss the MTC food. Today’s greatest tender mercy: Daniel, the YSA choir representative calling us just at the right moment, asking us if we had dinner plans. I was just eating strawberries and had already started my PB sandwich. I put my sandwich in a baggie and ran out the door. He bought us Wendy’s and I loved every second of it. I wanted to cry because I was so hungry. I am counting down until Monday when I can finally do some grocery shopping. Because our area is brand new, and not even a ward or a branch, we haven’t had any offers for meals so that makes this whole food thing even more stressful.

I feel so unorganized and often unproductive… it’s been amazing to take a step back and see how much the Lord is blessing us in our lives, even though on paper we look like the world’s worse missionaries. I’m so grateful for a mindful Heavenly Father who blesses missionaries in such simple ways. I really do love my companion, but this whole new area / new YSA thing has been hard. I discovering that exact obedience is a lot harder when you are in a companionship. Perhaps it just takes time. I think everyday just gets better and better – Sister Leben and I are getting to know each other and create a good routine.

I love President and Sister Cooke. I can’t wait until the next time I see them. I love them so much. President is HILARIOUS! I didn’t expect that from him. He’s the neatest. Sister Cooke too!

We are allowed one hour a day for FB. We cannot message, like posts, or anything like that. It will be used for keeping up with, and teach investigators. 

Sat. 10/19/13
I am so tired. Some days are harder than others, and today seems to be a particularly hard one. It’s not even 9am and I’m already in need of a nap that I will never get. I have my first [official] shift at the Visitors Center. I’m excited and think that I will finally start to feel like a real missionary.

-Sister Rowley

Kimberlee said...

Chin up, sweet girl. You are going to be amazing!