Post conference letter [mtc]

Those priesthood stories about Honduras sisters! Made me think of dad and just how awesome missionary work is! I suspect dad cried a little bit.  I know I did.  But what's new, I cry every day here. 
I loved how Elder Hales  talked about the first  general conference and that it was held only two months after the church was restored. ONLY TWO MONTHS!  That spoke to me about the importance of general conference.  It's such a blessing, which I've  felt in the past, but I feel it even more so, now that I'm a missionary that teaches people that God loves us, restored His true church on earth, and  gives us modern day prophets.  One of my favorite lines from Elder Hales address: “the greatest blessings of conference come after it has ended and we live  what we learn.” Obviously I didn't get it in his exact words, but I love that thought.
Elder Soares talk on meekness was great. Anything that includes Christ-like attributes is worth listening to.  I loved that he said it is our duty to try to be perfect, to improve with each new day. 
Sister Stephens was great - something that I have felt very strongly about, especially after going through the temple.  I'm so grateful for the power, protection, and beauty that comes from the temple.  When she mentioned that partaking of the sacrament is to not only to renew our baptismal covenants, but all covenants we make  with God, my mind felt illuminated.  I can't wait to take the sacrament again next week.  I also can't wait to go back to the temple.  Normally we would have gone today, but it's closed because of conference.  I think we get to go next Friday.  I'll miss having mom by my side. 
Wasn't Elder Dube amazing!  I could just envision dads remarks about how cool he was. “Stand close together and lift where we stand.” I loved that for so many reasons: members & missionaries must work together and likewise, I must learn to work better with my companions.
President Uchtdorf is always my favorite. Always so many one liners. And, I loved Elder Bednar’s perspective on tithing.  So, basically I loved all this Saturday morning talks. 
This family choir!  I don't remember ever seen that before!  So neat!  As we were sustaining all of the leaders of our church, I was thinking about how this must have been the way that the grand council in heaven was. Where we all gather together and feel so much love for each other, agreeing to God’s plan. It was just cool to think about and it made me realize that heaven is so near to us on earth.
Elder Holland! totally made me think of grandma and grandpa. and also helped me realize that I need to be more patient with grandpa. I thought back to the night I got set apart and how hard he tried to say something. He’s different, but I still love him – I hope he knows that. And hello…. NieNie. Pretty sure I was the only one in the room crying.
Ballard was my favorite today, but it might be because I’m a missionary so it relates to my life perfectly right now.

Loves
Sister Rowley