from skype to baptism

Yesterday was D's baptism! He's the guy sister Fifita and I found together before they took missionaries out if the Seneca singles. I'm convinced that this is why they created that area, so that we could find D. He had met with missionaries prior, but lost contact and went off to school. We were the ones who found him again just before he heading back to school! We taught him over Skype, and then sister chapman and I continued to teach him. It eventually reached a point where we knew we needed to pass him to the Gaithersburg sisters. When he returned from school, these would be the missionaries in his area. As soon as we passed him, he committed to baptism! Being a VC sister brings so many blessings... Seeing D a few more times after is one of the many. I actually got to teach him at the VC when they brought him in! And now he's baptized!!!!! Sister Fifita and I got to go to the baptism together! There is no better way to celebrate my half-way mark as a missionary. No better way. The moment D came up out if the water was so special for me. I can't really describe it, but it was just this peace, an almost tangible peace. Sister Fifita
felt it too, I could tell. We just looked at each other with tears in our eyes and knew that this is what life is all about, helping others
grow closer to Christ. Because I'm here serving The Lord, I was sent to seneca singles, and sister Fifita and I were blessed to be
companions, who then found D and helped him get back in touch with missionaries which lead to this... A baptism that marks the
beginning of a new and happier life for him.