living the dream… in the city!

New transfer, new area, new companion. I'm in Chevy Chase now! It's a family ward mixed with mid-singles. and now i get to LIVE IN THE CITY!!!!!!!! you guys, it's the absolute best. i love that i get to live in dc, totally better than maryland. it's so fun taking the metro and walking around in a place so full of people that you hardly know who to talk to first! a missionary's dream! i'm living it! i love my new companion too, a tender mercy after a rough transfer. but you know what, those rough transfers really help you appreciate the good ones. and they help you grow and become a better person. i know i should have changed a lot of things about last transfer... heavenly father blessed me with many opportunities to be a better person, and i failed to take them. sister weber is from middleton, idaho and she is the absolutely sweetest. that's everyone's go-to description of her, because it really is the first thing you think of when you talk about sister weber - she is so sweet. she so sincerely cares about others. i love that we talk to each other and actually care about each other as people, it's one of those companions are more than just companions situation. needless to say, i'm blessed this transfer. chevy chase is amazing. it's the most productive and progressing area i've ever been in. lisa got baptized 2 days ago, we have two others getting baptized in july, and a couple progressing investigators as well. it's insane!! i've never experienced anything like that before! i thought i would miss kentlands more, but i think being in this particular area with this particular sister helps me not miss it as much. there are certainly things and people i miss, but it's not as bad as i anticipated. mary ellen and rick are at the top of my miss list, i think they will be for the rest of my mission.

i hit my official 9 month mark this week! I've been a missionary for exactly 9 months! Half way is both an exciting and scary thought. I'm half way through, I survived the hardest part, but I now only have 9 (technically less) months to be a missionary, to become who Heavenly Father wants me to become, and to help who I'm meant to help. I have a feeling it's going to go by much faster than these first nine months. I'll blink and it will all be over. i hope i can reach my potential as a missionary.

life is good! i'm happy and i'm working hard. i'm even getting up at 6:30 EVERY morning and this morning we ran outside. and by ran i mean mostly walked and jogged for like .5 seconds. #istillhateworkingout

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!