You know you're a missionary when you're not only awkward in person, but also online.

I'm officially the most awkward missionary ever. So we're leaving the
metro and going up this escalator to walk back to our car. Instead of
standing straight, like normal people, I end up standing sideways,
facing the other escalator that's going down. Every time someone
looked over, I pulled out my most awkward, toothless smile. The worst
part, I didn't even feel weird about it until afterwards when I
started thinking about the situation. Obviously I've been a missionary
for 9 months because awkward situations are only awkward after i think
about what I've just done. Those poor people probably thought I was
crazy.

You know you're a missionary when you're not only awkward in person,
but also online. Oh man, this one is good. So we're talking to this
kid in the DC 2nd YSA ward who is going to help us fellowship our
investigator and potentially help her move over to YSA. He starts
telling us about institute so we ask him which building it's held in.
He responds and then comes my response... for some reason I'm
incapable of handling FB in the iPad. I thought I accidentally exited
out or something so when I try to get back I then press this little
thumbs up. But when you press that it appears in the screen as a
MASSIVE thumbs up. "Where's institute?" "The Barlow center" ---
MASSIVE THUMBS UP. It's probably not as big a deal as I'm making it,
but I felt so foolish. I would never send such a thing to anyone over
FB in real life and here I am as a missionary giving this massive
thumbs up about institute. Whatevs. I wish you could've been there
because it's ten times funnier in the moment than over an email. I did
take a great picture to always remember my awkwardness :]