Missionaries Blog Too

If you know how to throw a welcome back party, then I'm ready to be your guest of honor. I'm back! I'm blogging again and this time I'm blogging as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Choosing to serve The Lord for 18 months is the best decision I have ever made. Missionary life has been hard, really hard (I have no problem being honest about that), but it has been absolutely amazing. The daily miracles always outweigh the difficulties and trials that come my way. There is nowhere I'd rather be than right here helping others strengthen their relationship with Jesus Christ.

Everywhere I go, I'm reminded to utilize my talents as a missionary. Talents? What talents? Um, hello... blogging! It is no accident that the Lord has called me to serve in this particular place, at this particular time. Despite what some people may think, missionary work is much more than knocking on doors and giving away a Book of Mormon. Believe it or not, missionary work includes facebook and blogging.

So here I am with another blog, this time with a very specific purpose, a missionary purpose. Everything I share here will revolve around one little thought:  BE OF GOOD CHEER. "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear,  for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."  (Doctrine & Covenants 68:6)

I'm learning that the only way to do missionary work is with a happy heart and smile on my face. No matter what you say or do, it means nothing without love and sincerity. I'm learning that the only way to have that love and sincerity is by relying on the Savior. This is His work and His mission, not mine. I know that Jesus Christ loves us and knows us on a very personal level. Because of Him, we never have to feel alone. I may be out of my comfort zone, walking up to strangers and sharing with them my beliefs, but as long as I rely on Christ, there really is no reason to fear.